Plastic surgery involves many choices. The first and most important is choosing your plastic surgeon wisely. To obtain the best results from plastic surgery, you need to choose a plastic surgeon who:
- Considers racial and ethnic differences and sensibilities
- Appreciates differing customs and social norms as these are the foundation of aesthetic value.
- Has experience treating African Americans and makes no efforts to impose racial limitations to beauty
- Has completed at least five years of surgical training with a minimum of two years in plastic surgery.
- Is trained and experienced in all plastic surgery procedures, including breast, body, face and reconstruction.
- Operates only in accredited medical facilities
- Adheres to a strict code of ethics.
- Fulfills continuing medical education requirements, including standards and innovations in patient safety.
- Is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery
Your satisfaction involves more than a fee
When choosing a plastic surgeon for your plastic surgery, remember that the surgeon’s experience with African American patients and your comfort with him or her are just as important as the final cost of the surgery. Do not sacrifice quality of care for discounted fees. Remember… you get what you pay for!!!